Our mission is to provide students with engaging, impactful, and safe learning experiences that are based on Discoveries that they make. We want these learning experiences to be easy to access, use, and share for all students.
To accomplish this we rely on the collaborative and positive efforts of the entire learning ecosystem: not just students, but also teachers, parents, schools, and other education organizations and institutions.
So when you and your students open up an Aecern Discovery App to capture Discoveries, or login to the Aecern Discovery Hub to learn from your Discoveries, we hope that you will use the technology, materials and resources that we and the rest of the Aecern Discovery Learning Community provide in the same spirit.
Specifically, we expect you, as the registered user of an Aecern account, to:
- Notify us immediately if any material or information has been captured by your students that is indecent and/or illegal, and make every possible effort to prevent this material and information from being accessed and circulated.
- Not share materials and resources within the Aecern community, and beyond, that are copyright protected or are the product of someone else’s work if you don’t have their explicit permission.
- Ensure that the technology, resources and materials that Aecern provides are used exclusively by you to educate your students, and are not used for commercial or other purposes.
We know that you care deeply about the information you and your students entrust us with. These are the steps we take to protect your privacy, and how we may use the information you provide to us.
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information:
- We automatically collect and store the domain name and host from which you access our site, the internet protocol address of the computer you are using, the browser software you use, your operating system, the date and time that you visited, and the internet address from which you linked directly to our site.
If you voluntary provide personal information:
- We collect any information that you provide to us (for example, during registration as a Registered User) including your name, address, telephone number, credit card information, and billing information, comments, criticism, and other information that you provide to us. We may collect and store information about your precise geographic location if you enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information. We will collect text, data, images, and videos (collectively “the Content”) that you upload to the Site.
You have the right to access, update, and correct factual inaccuracies in personally identifiable information that we collect, subject to certain exceptions. To do so, you should log on into your account or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. To help protect your privacy and the security of your personally identifiable information, we will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access.
Use of Information
The information that you provide to Aecern will be used to assist us in providing the Aecern products and services and other commercial uses. For example, the information that you provide may be used to:
- To provide Aecern’s products and services;
- To analyze use of the Site and understand and improve Services and the Site;
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; and
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or content or with your consent.
When you provide information to Aecern, you consent to our use of your information for these and other purposes, including, but not limited to, marketing research. If you do not wish to us to use your information for these purposes, please contact us and we will discontinue using your information as soon as reasonably possible.
Disclosure of Information
Aecern will not disclose any personally identifiable information that you provide to us except for the following purposes:
- Providing Aecern Products and Services.
- Business Transfers. Aecern may acquire additional businesses or may be acquired by another business. In such transactions, client information is one of the assets transferred. If client information is transferred, it remains subject to promises made in pre-existing Privacy Policies unless the customer consents to a change.
In order to use the information, the information that you have provided may be shared with our employees and third party contractors.
In addition, Aecern reserves the right to disclose, sell, or otherwise distribute aggregated statistical information, including non-personal information that is automatically collected when you visit this site, regarding any information provided to Aecern. However, Aecern will not disclose any statistical information that discloses specific transaction information or your name or identity.
Aecern employs commercially reasonable measures to ensure protect the privacy of information provided by you to Aecern. These measures include the use of software to encrypt information that you input. However, it is not possible to prevent all security breaches. Therefore, Aecern cannot guarantee that your information will remain private and secure. Your use of the Site constitutes an acknowledgement of that limitation.
Aecern complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), which requires us to inform parents and legal guardians about how we collect, use and disclose personal information from children under 13 years of age.
Aecern is not currently directed to children and we currently require users to verify that they are at least 18 years of age upon registration. We will not knowingly collect personal information relating to children under 18 years of age, and if we learn that we have inadvertently done so, we will promptly delete it.
In connection with Aecern’s educational mission, children under the age of 18 may post information gathered under the supervision of teachers or other education professionals, who have responsibility for compliance with COPPA. To the extent that children under 18 years of age post information to Aecern’s web-site are identified, they are identified by avatars, not their real names. Aecern does not permit the posting of personally identifiable information about (names, email addresses, etc.) on its web-site.
Third Party Web-Sites
Aecern Discovery is a not-for-profit venture supported by Aecern, LLC a Massachusetts limited liability company with a principal place of business at 97 Water St, Woods Hole, Massachusetts 02543